This can be a side salad, served over brown rice or even tossed with soba noodles.
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 1 (12 oz) jar of marinated artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
- 1 can hearts of palm, drained and sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 10-12 black olives, pitted and sliced, not canned
- 10-12 green olives, sliced
- 1 basket of cherry tomatoes, halved
Whisk vinegar, mustard with salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in oil until the dressing slightly thickens. Combine all of the salad ingredients and toss with dressing. Chill 1 hour before serving.
- Cooked fresh artichoke hearts tend to have a richer flavor than canned.
- An artichoke salad looks pretty served in a Boston or Bibb lettuce leaf.