This is a mild and fruity flavored salad with contrasting textures and flavors that is perfect for spring or summer lunch or outdoor dinner. The dressing is both sweet and tangy.
- 6 cups baby spinach, or any spinach
- ½ cup red cabbage, thinly sliced or radicchio
- ½ cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced or chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced or diced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced, separated into rings to taste
- Sliced pears or sliced avocados
- ½ cup roasted walnuts, chopped
Tear lettuce into bite-sized pieces into a large salad bowl. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of Raspberry Maple Vinaigrette Dressing and toss lettuce with red cabbage, cucumbers, carrots and red onions. Top with pears and walnuts.
Raspberry Maple Vinaigrette Dressing
- 4 teaspoons raspberry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons of canola or olive oil
Whisk together ingredients or use blender.
Store any leftover dressing in the refrigerator.