This salad is packed with lots of crunch and a lively salty sweet flavor.
- 4 cups of broccoli florets, chopped bite-sized, blanched
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- ½ cup raisins
- ¾ cup salted peanuts or sunflower seeds
Mix salad ingredients together in medium bowl. Toss in the dressing until well coated. Refrigerate until serving.
- 3 tablespoons of white balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup hummus
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Broccoli has one of the best sources of calcium that you can find in a vegetable.
- Blanching or parboiling is a process of removing bitterness in vegetables but helps maintain their color, flavor and crispness. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, with a little salt added if preferred. Drop vegetables into water and cook until tender crisp. Depending on the size of the vegetable, cook time is usually 1-2 minutes. Do not overcook. Scoop out vegetables and put them in a large bowl filled with ice and water to stop the cooking process. Remove vegetables after 2-3 minutes and let drain until ready to use.