This is colorful and crunchy and a great side dish, dip or salad.
- 2 cups fresh whole kernel corn or frozen, cooked
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded, finely diced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- ½ cup red onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped or cilantro
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 can (4.5 oz) chopped green chiles , with liquid
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (optional)
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar, or any vinegar you have on hand
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Hot sauce to taste
Combine all ingredients and toss. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours (if not overnight).
Look for a variety of sweet onions like Vidalia or Maui to use in this salsa.