- 6 cups baby spinach, stems removed
- 2-4 green onions, finely chopped
- ½ cup canned Mandarin oranges, well drained, dried with paper towel
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced or cubed
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- Freshly ground pepper
Place all ingredients in a salad bowl and toss lightly with 1-2 tablespoons of Red Wine Vinaigrette Dressing. And add freshly ground pepper to taste.
Red Wine Vinaigrette Dressing
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons vegan Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons of canola oil or olive oil
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
Mix all ingredients except the oil and celery seeds in a blender or food processor. Slowly drizzle in oil through the top hole of the blender and continue blending until the mixture slightly thickens. Stir in celery seeds. Refrigerate for storage.
- Spinach, red onion, tomatoes, white mushrooms, walnuts
- Spinach, toasted sunflower seeds, parsley, tomatoes, avocado, thinly sliced red cabbage
- Sprinkle flaxseeds on salads for crunch with benefits.
- Keep canned Mandarin oranges in the refrigerator before using to serve cold on a salad.